News_Mask

How to handle macne

Which monster creeps up on us while we are sleeping, tortures us while we are awake and stops us from feeling confident in ourselves daily? I am not talking about some mythical creature, such as, a vampire, werewolf, or zombie, I am talking about the all-encompassing, earth-shattering, and excessively malicious little, red monsters that take residence on the surface of our faces, i.e., acne.

According to professionals at Proactive, the No. 1 acne brand in America, acne forms through clogged pores, oil secretion, bacterial overgrowth and inflammation. All four of these acne contributors can be heightened when wearing a dirty mask for lengthy periods of times, i.e., macne — acne from wearing a mask. I am not here to complain against or protest the mask mandate; I think everyone can agree when I say masks are essential during this global pandemic. However, I do have a list of dos and don’ts countless dermatologists have agreed upon when it comes to our skin, to help those facing the torment of macne.

Everyone likes dessert first, or at least everyone with a sweet tooth like me, so I will start with the dos for clearer skin and end with the don’ts. I gathered the following information from professionals at other high-end acne brands, such as, Curology, Neutrogena, Cetaphil, Cerave, and Clean and Clear, so believe me when I say everything is reliable and relevant in the fight against macne.

Dos:

-  Eat healthy carbs: whole grains, bulgar wheat, quinoa, pearl barley, seeds, legumes, leafy greens, veggies, cherries, peaches, strawberries, sweet potatoes, pasta and flourless bread

-  Consume plenty of omega-3 fatty acids: fatty fish, eggs, chia seeds, walnuts, flax, brussels sprouts

-  Maintain normal Vitamin A and D levels

-  Maintain daily hygiene

-  Exercise for 20 to 30 minutes daily

-  Sleep for eight to nine hours daily

Don’ts:

-  Steer-clear from sugars in soda, fruit juice, sweeteners and syrups

-  Avoid unhealthy carbs: white bread, white rice, potatoes, corn flakes, granola/energy bars, cookies, cake, muffins and bagels

-  Cut back on all dairy products

-  Limit stress and anxiety

-  Limit consumption of alcohol and nicotine

As you can see, there are plenty of things you can start and stop doing to clear up your macne. It is time to fight off the little, red monsters from your skin so that you feel confident and beautiful in yourself once again.