news_campus.jpg

UW-Madison graduate schools ranked high in new report.

UW-Madison graduate schools ranked high for quality

UW-Madison graduate schools once again ranked among the best in the nation, according to new findings by U.S. News & World Report. 

Five UW-Madison graduate programs, including the School of Education and the College of Engineering, were ranked in the top 30 percent of schools in their fields nationwide. 

U.S. News & World Report ranked schools based on several factors such as reputation, faculty resources, research activity and student selectivity. Quality reports by academic experts at peer institutions also contributed to the overall ranking of each graduate school. 

The UW-Madison School of Education was ranked the third highest-rated public school of education, offering programs in rehabilitation counseling, educational psychology and education policy. 

UW-Madison’s School of Education Dean Diana Hess emphasized the importance of the report, saying it “recognizes the collective contributions of our many talented and dedicated faculty and staff.”

UW-Madison was recognized in the same report last year as well, with the School of Education and School of Social Work ranking in the top 10.