Canadian DJ Rezz brings trippy visuals and heavy bass to a sold-out show at the Majestic Theatre last Thursday.

Rezz mesmerizes sold-out crowd at Majestic

Rezz brought her unique bass and trance production to a packed Majestic Theatre this past Thursday. The Canadian born producer, on tour after releasing her first album, Mass Manipulation, in August, proves that electronic shows are taking stage production to new levels.

Rezz, also known as Isabelle Rezazadeh, took the stage at Majestic and provided a hypnotic experience for every audience member. Her two openers, No Mana and The M Machine, started to build the energy in the room as everyone danced and vibed to the uncommon electronic sounds. However, it was Rezz that brought the audience into a new world of trippy visuals and heavy bass. Fans of Rezz joke that she somehow brainwashes her fans with her music, and she truly did just that.

As she began playing, Rezz’s signature LED glasses were seen swirling above the DJ deck as the visuals behind her matched. She seamlessly mixed in songs from her new album, as well as from her older EP, Something Wrong Here. Her most notable song, “Relax,” features a haunting voiceover from a hypnosis tape on Youtube. The song transitions from the voiceover into her signature trance beat, but with a twist. Rezz adds in deep bass and almost sci-fi sounding beats seamlessly throughout all her songs. Another favorite, “Purple Gusher,” was matched with a swirling kaleidoscope playing on the screen behind her.

At Majestic, Rezz gave the audience an experience like none other. Many electronic shows get flack for sounding similar, and it’s hard to argue against this. It gets old hearing male DJs play the same few songs and yelling at the audience every other song in attempts to hype them up. But Rezz is different, and it only adds to her originality within the electronic music community.

She not only created a unique sound, but an entire theme to carry with her on tour. As her album title suggests, she is here to manipulate the audience into hearing music in a new light. Rezz’s music is spooky and grimey, offering up new sounds that haven’t been heard before. She utilized the ideas of space, hypnosis and drifting away from earth as a platform to create an image for herself and her tour. She greeted the audience at the start of her set, but kept to herself as she let the music take over the room.

Rezz’s show at Majestic confirms that creativity is alive and thriving within electronic music. Despite numerous artists blending together with identical sounds, Rezz has come up with a sound that is all to herself. Not only does she provide a new listening experience to her audience, she proves that her visuals and music are enough to transform a room into a place that is out of this world. With Majestic being one of many sold-out shows on her tour, it is safe to say Rezz is creating something special, and electronic music lovers are catching on to her mesmerizing sound.