Keep your feet dry this winter

With a Wisconsin winter fast approaching, many girls wonder what heels they can wear to keep their feet warm, while still looking trendy and cute. They fear that when straying from their spring and summer wedges, they will lose the comfort aspect of their shoes, forcing them to wobble in their unstable heels from location to location.

It is important to remember that hobbling and wobbling in your shoes is never good. It is never safe to trudge down Langdon or University in shoes that you can’t walk in. While some heels are inevitably uncomfortable, you don’t want to be walking home barefoot at the end of the night, no matter what!

However, I’m here to tell you that there are many alternatives to your summer wedges for this coming winter. Many winter booties can provide comfort and support for your feet, while still looking cute with your outfit.

In fact, I often find my booties to be my most comfortable shoes, and wear them with shorts as well. Bootie heels can vary largely in the height of the heel. It is important to find a height that isn’t too high to walk in, but still allows your legs to look long and lean.

Jeffrey Campbell’s Lita-style bootie has been very popular lately. This platform bootie has an incredibly high heel. However, since it laces up the foot, it provides full foot support. It looks great with both leggings and jeans. While these shoes can be a little pricey, they are a great investment for your winter wardrobe.

Otherwise, there are many stores that provide shoes with a wedge or heel that are completely closed toe. This is essential to finding shoes to keep you warm when going out. Some of these heels often have cut outs on the sides of the shoe to add more to the bootie. It is important to remember in this case to always buy the shoe in black! This will allow you to wear black socks under the bootie in the cold, without your socks being noticeable. Your shoes will still look cute and trendy, and your feet will certainly be warm.

Even during the day, it is important to have proper attire on your feet. There is a common misconception that UGG boots are to be worn in the snow. This is not true! If you wear your warm UGG boots in the thick Madison snow, you will find your feet squishing in the puddles of water that fill your boots. Be sure to purchase durable snow boots before the snow starts to fall. You may think that these boots are ugly, but it’s just for during the day and you will be happy when your feet stay dry. Besides, everyone in Madison will be wearing their clunky snow boots as well.

Whether it is at night or during the day, nobody wants to walk home with cold and wet feet. When going out, make sure to have shoes that you can walk in otherwise you’ll be in an even worse position, as you walk home barefoot in the snow. Check out your favorite shoe stores soon, so you can stock up your winter shoe stash.