J. Adam Wigger

CITY NEWS

Madison to salt all residential roads in preparation for winter storm

In preparation for a snowstorm Monday night, the City of Madison announced that throughout the day the Streets Division will be salting all residential roads, an announcement breaking with the usual protocol of using a salt-and-sand mixture on most streets. The National Weather Service declared a winter storm warning for Dane County Monday, expecting between 6 and 10 inches of snowfall between 6 p.m. and midnight.

CITY NEWS

Madison man charged with sexual exploitation, teen found safe, adoptive father arrested

A Madison man was charged in federal court Monday for knowingly persuading a minor to engage in sexually explicit conduct with the intent to visually depict the acts. The minor involved had been missing from her Tennessee home since Jan. 13 and was found safely in Madison Thursday.  The man accused, Bryan D. Rogers, allegedly came into contact with the 14-year-old girl through an online game according to an affidavit. Through the game, the girl told Rogers that she was being sexually assaulted by her adoptive father.

CITY NEWS

Madison Water Utility, Dane County Regional Airport prepare for record low temperatures

Following a snow emergency warning issued  Sunday, Madison and Dane County services geared up to deal with the fallout of snow storms and extreme temperatures predicted for Monday and Wednesday. While the city of Madison prepared for possible frozen pipes, the Dane County Regional Airport does not expect to see any change in their services due to either the snow storms early in the week or the extreme cold expected Wednesday.

More articles »

PHOTO

Dane County Executive Joe Parisi announced plans for a new biofuel conversion facility at a press conference Thursday.

PHOTO

Dane County Executive Joe Parisi announced today that Dane County will be working with Baron and Budd in filing a federal lawsuit against drug manufacturers and distributors for their role in fueling the opioid epidemic.

PHOTO

Luna’s Groceries was granted additional funding to help it launch in one of Madison’s “food deserts.”

More media »