By: Nick Fritz

Daily Cardinal
OPINION

Saying farewell to farewell articles

I am not a very sensitive person, nor do I ever plan to be. I’m not the kind of person that cries during emotional movies and some may say I have a black hole where my heart should be. I simply respond by quoting the great Ron Swanson, “Crying is only okay in two places: funerals and the Grand Canyon;” both of which I have never experienced.

Daily Cardinal
CAMPUS NEWS

SLAC needs to provide solutions instead of whining

Most student organizations here at UW-Madison provide a great service for the students and community. Yes, there are some student orgs like the Slappy Skateboard Club or the Wisconsin Lawn Sports Club that were created for fun, but they don’t bother anyone. Unless, of course, as a child, the neighbor boy beat you with a croquet mallet and now you are emotionally scarred because of it. In that case WLSC may upset you to some degree.

Daily Cardinal
OPINION

E-Books cheaper but with drawbacks

UW-Madison and more than two dozen other higher education institutions are taking part in a project to evaluate the use of e-books and other electronic alternatives to conventional learning. The idea is to look at the impact e-books have on student learning and interactions between professors and students.

Daily Cardinal
OPINION

How to thrive in Madison's political environment

As the 2012 presidential election draws nearer and nearer, political commercials and propaganda are pounded into the minds of voters across the United States. So what does this mean for students here at the University of Wisconsin - Madison? As a new batch of freshman roll in, be prepared for student organizations, local lobbyists and the occasional nut job to spread their own opinions on who the new president should be.

Daily Cardinal
OPINION

Barrett best candidate for governor

As the state gets gears up for what is sure to be an exciting recall election in the coming months I sit here wondering who I will be supporting. Fighting the urge to just go along with whoever my roommate, a political science major, chooses, I decided to do a bit of research.

More articles »