By Michael Penn

Daily Cardinal
OPINION

Tradition of Mifflin twisted and convoluted

The city’s Mifflin full-court press has dealt dismay to the hearts of thousands who pine for gluttonous amounts of racist neon tanktops and a spectrum of liquor in spring jubilation. Granted, in a world where social media reigns supreme, the people weren’t pleased and didn’t hesitate to respond. People are pissed at the fact their grandiose spectacle has been revoked from them. It’s not Badger-like, it’s not fair and it’s unnecessary.

News

Tyler, the Creator snarls on ‘Wolf’

One video of a hanging, several pairs of colorful socks and a Jimmy Fallon back-leap/Mos Def “swag!” yelp later, it appears that Tyler, The Creator has risen from the ashes of underground darling and finally etched his own place into hip-hop with his Odd Future collective waving their upside-down crosses into the sunset.

Daily Cardinal
OPINION

Black stereotypes and racism at the heart of Jordan Davis murder

There is the echo of a snare drum rattling the speakers of someone in America that looks exactly like me. By looking like me, I mean a young Black man. There is a gas station somewhere in America that this someone will visit for fuel. Perhaps this someone has a friend or two with him. Perhaps the snare drum continues to roll as the vehicle is placed into park. Perhaps they all want some sort of snack to whet their appetites. Perhaps, here, the night hides light from us all.

Daily Cardinal
OPINION

YouTube video embarrassing and disgraceful to America

Americans are messed up with privilege. There is no other way to begin this. This is the initial thought I conjured as I rattle through my pop culture-bred membrane as we discover detail after detail of the production of “Innocence of Muslims,” a film that has incited riots and a U.S. embassy attack which left an ambassador dead and three others wounded.

More articles »