By Kailee Andrews

Daily Cardinal
News

'Iron Man' pulls a threepeat

Just like Tony Stark’s suits, Shane Black’s “Iron Man 3” is all about piecing together the moving parts. And after 2012’s “The Avengers” he’s got a fair amount of questions and repercussions to deal with. The opening of the film finds a Tony Stark plagued by insomnia and anxiety attacks as he attempts to reconcile his previously logical world with the bombastic events he took part in and witnessed in in New York City with his new superfriends.  

Daily Cardinal
News

‘Much ado’ about Joss Whedon’s fantastic adaptation

Either Joss Whedon is operating on some definition of “vacation” that the rest of us are unfamiliar with, or we’ve just been doing it wrong. After seeing Whedon’s modern film adaptation of William Shakespeare’s “Much Ado About Nothing,” I tend to side with the second option.

Daily Cardinal
News

'Evil Dead' remake plays it by the book

It’s a familiar story. Five college kids head out to a secluded cabin for a weekend of debauchery and shenani… no wait. Actually, in Fede Alvarez’s “Evil Dead” the responsible 20 somethings are at the cabin out of friendly concern for one of their own, Mia (Jane Levy), a drug addict who, during her last overdose, had a close brush with death, motivating this group bonding/ interven-cation.

Daily Cardinal
News

‘Jack’ isn’t quite a giant of a film

Coming at us amidst a slew of Hollywood fairytale retellings, Bryan Singer’s “Jack the Giant Slayer” stands as an above average achievement in a mediocre trend. To put it in context, it’s at roughly the same quality as the CGI-extravaganzas that were “Alice in Wonderland” and “Snow White and the Huntsman.” However, it could be argued that it boasts more appealing leads and more effective storytelling than other recent storybook-based blockbusters.

Daily Cardinal
News

Sundance 2013: Paradise in Park City

Sundance Film Festival. The most important film festival in America. A time in which promising new voices in film, famous celebrities, fresh-faced film students, rich retirees, artsy hipsters, studio bigwigs and people who just so happen to live nearby can mingle peacefully while binging on the latest independent films in picturesque Park City, Utah.

More articles »