Homecoming_Football_0013.JPG

UWPD releases statistics from Wisconsin’s Homecoming game

The University of Wisconsin-Madison Police Department (UWPD) revealed in a press release  their game day statistics from the Homecoming game against Purdue University on Saturday.

According to the UWPD, a total of 23 citations were issued. Out of the total citations, 13 were given to UW-Madison students. The total citation amount increased more than two-fold from the last game played at Camp Randall. In comparison, Wisconsin’s last home game against University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign brought in a total of 11 citations.

The highest occurring reason for citation was underage drinking — UWPD reported that 16 of the total citations were attributed to this. Additionally, citations were issued for disorderly conduct, body passing, stadium possession of alcohol, obstructing/resisting officers and false identification. 

A total of 43 ejections were handled by UWPD during the Homecoming game. Over 50% of these ejections were UW students, a reported 24 student ejections. 

23 ejections were given without citation, more than twice the amount ejected from the Illinois game at the beginning of October. Reasoning behind citations included tobacco in the stadium, possession of alcohol, seating issues in the student section, intoxication and disorderly patronage. 

20 people were also arrested over the course of the Wisconsin vs. Purdue game. Some of those arrested received multiple citations. More than half of those arrested were UW-Madison students. A reported total of 12 students were arrested, doubling the amount arrested at the Wisconsin vs. Illinois game earlier this month. 

University police encountered three individuals with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.20 or higher, also an increase from the game against Illinois at the beginning of this month.

There were 20 paramedic calls, three ambulance conveyances and 30 first aid calls. No detox conveyances were made during the game — a first for this fall.