Wisconsin_Vs_WashingtonState_Football024.JPG

University of Wisconsin Police Department Sept. 10 game day statistics

The University of Wisconsin Police Department released the statistics from Saturday's football game against Washington State. The game saw an increase in nearly every stat compared to the Illinois State game a week prior.

This was the second consecutive home game of the season for the Badgers. There were 45 ejections from the stadium, an increase from last week’s 27. 

Of the 45 ejections, 36 were UW-Madison students. The number of students ejected doubled from 18 total at the homeopener Illinois State game.

UW students also made up 93.5% of the 31 arrests on game day. One jail conveyance was made.

Thirty of the 45 ejected individuals — 28 of whom were UW students — received citations. Only one individual was cited for having fraudulent identification.

Underage alcohol consumption was the most common citation for a second week in a row, with 25 individuals charged. Nineteen were charged the previous Saturday. The second most common citation was two counts of obstructing/resisting justice.

Six individuals in contact with police had a .20 BAC or higher — two more than at the Illinois State game. Thirty-two first aid and 18 paramedic calls were made with two detox and one ambulance conveyance dispatched. 

Fourteen ejections without citation occured for intoxication, possession of alcohol, disorderly conduct and tobacco usage. 

Instances of citation and ejection occurred for those charged with underage alcohol, obstructing and resisting justice, stadium alcohol possession, possession of fraudulent identification and smoking in a sporting event. Some arrests received multiple citations. 

Meanwhile, the Illinois State game only saw citations issued for underage alcohol. 

This week, one of the few decreased stats was for seating issues in the student section, falling from one to zero this past weekend. There was also one fewer detox conveyance.