sodatalkred-01.png

The Boston Bomber Has a Bad Day

All articles featured in The Beet are creative, satirical and/or entirely fictional pieces. They are fully intended as such and should not be taken seriously as news.

Hey Almanac readers! We hope you enjoyed the special edition of our beloved column this week. The Almanac editors would like to opportunity to share some really exciting news: this section now has a podcast! (not at all related to our article published from a few weeks back about another mediocre white guy starting one) We’d love if you’d take a minute to sit back and enjoy 4 of UW-Madisons dullest students talk about random shit.

Here's an excerpt from this weeks discussion on income inequality:

Ben: Speaking of wealth inequality and wealth redistribution, I saw this clip online somewhere and it was about a former, I believe he was the governor of Minnesota slash professional wrestler Jesse Ventura.

Nick: He rocks.

Ben: He was putting the idea forward, I think the quote was him going ‘oh, everybody’s always talking about a minimum wage, a minimum wage, a minimum wage.’ ‘But I say we put in a maximum wage, where if you can’t live off of $12 million a year,’ quote him, ‘maybe we should bring back capital punishment.’

Nick: I 100% agree with all of that, and I think 12 million might be a little bit too high of a figure, if we’re being honest, too. But no, that was beautifully said by Jesse.

To hear the full podcast, just go to https://open.spotify.com/show/3CS8f9ROevAzmkMmUmpEWj. Soda Talk is hosted by Almanac Co-Editors Nick/Gillian Rawling, along with Ben Everson and Jake Anderson. Follow the podcast on Twitter @SodaTalkPod