IMG_9C8A3A8D9BAB-1.jpeg

Masks become a fashion statement

In today’s world, people are always on the hunt for a new mask. The balance between cute and functional has gotten even easier with new mask trends popping up daily. One of the most common mask trends is matching your mask to your outfit. This is a simple yet effective way to look put together even during a global pandemic. There are a few ways you can match your mask to your outfit including: matching the colors, patterns or using the mask to complement your outfit rather than completely match it. Check out some of these mask sellers for new masks that will elevate your next outfit! 

For sports fans: 

• The NFL shop has over 50 different face masks you can purchase online for any pro football team you are supporting. Masks range from $11-24 and are on sale currently! 
  • Visit the UW Bookstore for Wisconsin Badger Masks or head over to Bucky’s Locker Room for even more styles that will get you ready for the Badger sports seasons. 

General wear: 

• Support small businesses by shopping online on Etsy.com for custom facemasks that also support local artists! 
  • Walmart, Target and other major retailers have started carrying an even larger selection of face masks as well. They have options that are affordable and trendy!

While masks can be a complementing accessory to your outfit, there are some issues that may occur. These are a small price to pay for the health and safety of yourself and others but these tips may help keep these issues to a minimum. 

• Wash your face regularly with a gentle cleanser — this will help reduce the moisture and dirt that may accumulate on your face from wearing your mask all the time. 
  • Wash your masks frequently — not only will this reduce the number of germs on your mask but it will also help reduce mask acne that is caused by dirty masks being worn without washing
  • Rotate your masks — according to Hopkins Medicine, everyone should have at least two masks in rotation so that one is always clean if one is in the wash, this will also help reduce skin irritation and acne that may be caused by mask-wearing