News_morgridge.jpg

Previous Morgridge match campaigns supported the adoption of the College of Letters and Science. 

Morgridges commit $70 million to university through one-for-one match opportunity

UW-Madison alumni Tashia and John Morgridge committed $70 million Thursday to a one-for-one match opportunity to support faculty recruitment and retention. 

The match will be available to donors who wish to enhance or establish an endowed professorship or chair fund, which distributes income annually to help finance faculty salary and research. 

“On behalf of all of us in the Badger family, we want to say thank you once again for the continued support and generosity of the Morgridges,” UW–Madison Chancellor Rebecca Blank said. “Their positive impact on this university will extend for generations to come.”

The university currently has over 300 endowed professors and chairs — more than double the amount prior to the "All Ways Forward" campaign, a previous one-for-one match by the Morgridges. 

Past Morgridge match opportunities generated over $250 million in endowed support to help recruit and retain world-class faculty, most notably funding the College of Letters and Science, as well as transforming the School of Education.