babcockrenovation.jpg

The Daily Scoop will serve up to 15 fewer flavors while Babcock Dairy Hall is under renovation. 

Babcock ice cream to move production off campus

Babcock Dairy Hall will be under renovation for the next two years, decreasing the amount of Babcock ice cream sold all over campus. 

Renovations to the dairy plant will update and expand the Center for Dairy Research. The plant closed Sept. 23, moving all ice cream production to the Chocolate Shoppe for the time being. 

The Chocolate Shoppe can only produce 11 flavors, whereas Babcock can make up to 26 different flavors at any given time. 

The shortage of flavors significantly decreased both dairy-free and kosher options. 

Babcock ice cream is sold at both UW-Madison Unions at the Daily Scoop. They will continue operations during the renovation, however will have significantly less variety and supply. 

Flavors that will continue to be sold include: vanilla, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie dough, orange custard chocolate chip, Union Utopia, salted caramel toffee, praline pecan, Super Premium Badger Blast, Super Premium vanilla swirl, sherbet, blue moon and a rotating seasonal flavor.