News_Voting.jpg

Campaigns are wrapping up as the election day is less than two weeks away. 

In-person absentee votes for mayoral race exceed previous years

With less than two weeks before the spring city election, in-person absentee voting has outpaced previous years according to the City of Madison Clerk’s office. 

202 people voted in-person absentee today, which is more than in comparable days in 2018 and 2019. Monday saw 176 people vote in-person absentee. 

Absentee voting locations are established by the Common Council at least two weeks before absentee voting begins for an election.

Locations for voting in-person absentee can be found by visiting the Clerk’s Office’s website. In addition, residents can go to My Vote WI to see their polling place location and a sample ballot. 

In the fall, voter turnout for the 2018 midterm elections in Dane County reached around 70 percent for eligible voters according to the Wisconsin Elections Commission. 

On the ballot for the February 19 election are three Madison Metropolitan School District School Board seats as well as Madison’s Mayoral seat. 

Candidates for mayor are expected to meet tomorrow on the UW-Madison campus for a forum in the Humanities building at 6:30 p.m.

The City of Madison announced this year the electronic ballots at every voting location will have instructions available both in English and Spanish.