news_culvers_wiki.jpg

Culver’s beats In-N-Out in the saucy race for America’s best fast food chain.

Culver’s v. In-N-Out: Survey ends meaty debate

Culver’s grills In-N-Out by 0.4 percent in a new restaurant business survey aimed at determining the most popular fast food chains in the country. 

Ranking third and fourth place respectively, the beef between the two fast food restaurants has always been juicy, causing fights between loyal Wisconsinites and passionate West-Coasties alike. 

This survey polled about 100,000 consumers, cooking up bragging rights for Culver’s fans from 2017-’18. 

It listed the top fast food chains in the country based on the highest number of sales. The survey asked eaters to rank customer experience categories such as service, ambiance, food, take-out and value on a scale of one to five. 

After averaging all of the scores, Culver’s received up an overall rating of 56.7 percent satisfaction, with In-N-Out driving away with 56.4 percent. But, California’s favorite burger chowed down on Culver’s score for value, beating the cheese curd chain out by more than 9 percent. 

Marcus Krueger, East Town Mall Culver’s general manager, felt extremely positive about the results of the survey. 

“Yeah, we’ve been busy all day,” Krueger said. “I’d give it a thumbs up; the future looks good.”

Krueger also discussed the potential for a Culver’s location in downtown Madison to serve the custard-craving UW-Madison community. 

"I don’t know what the issues are that might hold it back, but I think just because of the volume of traffic they might be questioning how well they can do with the drive through function, and having the space might be the issue,” Krueger said.”But it would be awesome.”

Even still, Oakland, California native, UW-Madison student and secret menu enthusiast Jackson Coldiron explained why In-N-Out holds a tender place in his heart. 

"In-N-Out is a niche California experience. The decor and design is representative of California’s laid-back beach culture. With the exact same set up for each restaurant, walking in the door brings back every memory from each juicy burger," Coldiron said. "With the addition of In-N-Out’s ultimate weapon, 'animal style,' the West Coast burger joint tops any."

Atlanta-based chain Chick-fil-A ranked first place, followed by Tropical Smoothie Cafe. 

The State News desk apologizes for any cheesy comments the reader might deem distasteful.