SSFC voted to reduce funding to the Wisconsin Association of Black Men and Sex Out Loud Monday.

Wisconsin Association of Black Men and Sex Out Loud Granted Reduced Budgets for the 2019- ‘20 Fiscal Year

The Student Services Financial Committee granted the Wisconsin Association of Black Men a budget of $31,154 and Sex Out Loud a budget of $90,963 for the 2019-‘20 fiscal year in its meeting Monday night.

For both groups, the number of salaried weeks was decreased from 33 weeks to 30 for the duration of the school year, and their summer hours were decreased from 12 hours to 10 hours a week as well.

“This is very consistent with changes we’ve made to all of the other GSSF groups this semester,” said Rep. Cooper Beckwith.

Representatives said the salary decreases were made because neither of the organizations had used their full budget from the previous year.

“[WABM] are a brand new organization, with this being their first year with a budget, it is understandable that there are some under spendings, the reductions made are small enough where it will still allow them to figure out how much hours they truly need,” said Vice Chair Zaakir Abdul-wahid.

Requesting a large amount of reallocations in their budget, Sex Out Loud was granted the majority of its budget due to its research into their underspending of the previous year.

“They outlined how they’re solving some of those structural issues,” Abdul-wahid said.

The meeting adjourned with an impeachment hearing regarding Rep. Max Dresser’s attendance during the month of November. The impeachment was denied due to the shortened month for Thanksgiving.