UW-Madison's School of Education ranked No. 2 — tied with Harvard — on U.S. News & World Report's rankings for best education graduate programs.

UW-Madison School of Education graduate program highly ranked in U.S.

The UW-Madison School of Education is tied for second in the country in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 rankings of the best education graduate schools in the nation.

Trailing UCLA and tied with Harvard, UW-Madison also ranked highly in education specialities, including No. 1 for administration, curriculum and instruction and education psychology. The school also ranked third for counseling and personal services, as well as education policy.

The School of Education’s No. 2 ranking is an improvement from its third place ranking in U.S. News and World Report's 2018 edition of graduate school rankings.

Outside of education, other UW-Madison graduate programs ranked among the best in the country. The university’s chemistry program was ranked No. 9, mathematics was No. 16 and engineering No 20.

Overall, 15 of UW-Madison’s graduate programs ranked among the top 50 for their fields in the country.

UW-Madison Graduate School Dean William Karpus largely attributed the university’s high rankings to the school’s faculty.

“The fact that so many of the graduate programs at UW–Madison are ranked is a testament to our senior leadership, who foster an environment of academic excellence; our outstanding faculty and staff, who lead cutting-edge research programs; and our creative students, who bring curiosity and vibrancy to address the most important questions that society faces today,” Karpus said in a release.