The last time Wisconsin made it to the Big Ten Championship game, they were crushed by Ohio State, but they hope it will be different this time around.

After Big Ten Championship loss, Wisconsin set to play Miami in Orange Bowl

INDIANAPOLIS — Wisconsin entered its matchup with Ohio State Saturday night hoping to emerge victorious and in the process punch its ticket to the College Football Playoff.

Instead, after falling 27-21 to the Buckeyes in the Big Ten Championship, the Badgers are set to face off against Miami in the Orange Bowl on Dec. 30 in Miami, according to the Miami Herald. An official announcement is expected later today. 

UW (9-1 Big Ten, 12-1 overall) will be tasked with recovering quickly from a gut-wrenching defeat to OSU. In their defeat, the Badgers’ defense surrendered multiple, uncharacteristically large chunk plays to the Buckeyes’ offense. Wisconsin struggled to establish the run on offense and two turnovers, both by sophomore quarterback Alex Hornibrook, halted potential scoring chances.

Against Miami (7-2 ACC, 10-2 overall), the Wisconsin offense will be tested once again. The Hurricanes' stout defense — highlighted by its famous "turnover chain" — has caused teams problems all season.

Additionally, the game will effectively be a home game for Miami, as it will be played in Hard Rock Stadium, the Hurricanes' home stadium.

Wisconsin and Miami are set to meet Dec. 30 on ESPN.