Freshman running back Jonathan Taylor had a historic day on the ground, finishing UW's win over Florida Atlantic with 223 yards and three touchdowns. 

Instant recap: Historic performance from Jonathan Taylor fuels Wisconsin's 31-14 win over Florida Atlantic

The Badgers (0-0 Big Ten, 2-0 Overall) found the next great Wisconsin running back in their 31-14 win over Flordia Atlantic (0-0, 0-2).

True freshman Jonathan Taylor put his mark on Camp Randall history with an astonishing performance of 223 yards and three touchdowns. He became one of four true freshman Badger running backs to eclipse the 200-yard mark in a game, joining Alan Ameche, Ron Dayne and Zach Brown in impressive company.

The Owls had no answers for the Wisconsin offensive line, especially early on. Taylor put up 135 of his yards and two of his touchdowns in the first quarter, helping the Badgers take the early lead and maintain it for four quarters.

The running back’s big performance overshadowed a solid game by Jim Leonhard’s defense. FAU started the game with three-straight three-and-outs, and the Owls’ two touchdowns in the game only came on two big mistakes from Wisconsin—a bad interception and a blown coverage.

Florida Atlantic kept the scoreboard deficit within reach for three quarters, but the game never really felt like anything but a Wisconsin victory, as the Badgers dominated the time of possession before pulling away late to seal the victory.

Check back at Daily Cardinal Sports for a full game recap to follow.