Twenty One Pilots expected to thrill Madison audience on Tuesday

At a 2015 concert in the Milwaukee Rave, the duo from Twenty One Pilots gave each other fresh tattoos on the stage. This band is known for making their audience feel special, and this week they’re bringing their live energy to Madison.

The alternative-rock band hails from Columbus, Ohio and has seen a tremendous leap in fame in the past eight years since the band was formed. Today, frontman Tyler Joseph and drummer Josh Dun are cycling the radio with “Heathens”—a song they made for the superhero movie “Suicide Squad”—along with other hits like “Ride,” “Stressed Out” and “Car Radio.”

Though the band is typically described as alt-rock, their music includes influences from both pop and hip-hop as well. This blend of genres has helped the band develop a sound entirely their own, and they have become a staple in conversations about trends in mainstream music.

This unique sound has grabbed the attention of fans and music critics alike. Twenty One Pilots was nominated five times in the 2017 Grammys for “Record of the Year,” “Best Pop Duo/Group Performance,” “Best Rock Performance,” “Best Rock Song” and “Best Song Written For Visual Media.” These nominations were for two songs: “Heathens” and “Stressed Out.”

As their popularity has increased, so has the size of the fan base, and now the size of their concerts. In August, the band played in two sold out shows at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Coming back to their Midwestern roots during their extended world tour, the band will be playing at the Alliant Energy Center Coliseum, which has the capacity to hold more than 10,000 people.

In true Twenty One Pilots style, the show will likely include theatrics and high energy. Known for wearing ski masks and having elaborate light shows, fans can expect an exciting show this Tuesday night.

The concert will take place in the Alliant Energy Center Tuesday. The doors will open at 5:30 p.m with the show starting at 7 p.m. Tickets are available online, by phone or at the box office for reserved seats or standing tickets. The concert is part of Twenty One Pilots’ Emotional Roadshow World Tour.