A fire on the fourth floor of the downtown high-rise Uncommon displaced 10 residents Wednesday, according to a Madison Fire Department daily report.
“An automatic sprinkler activation kept the fire contained to the room of origin, which suffered smoke and fire damage,” MFD Public Information Officer Cynthia Schuster wrote. “A resident reported a candle was burning in the room prior to the fire.”
The automatic sprinklers extended the damage caused by the incident. Tenants below the
There were no injuries as a result of the incident and MFD has yet to release any damage estimates.