Wisconsin has seen 30,235 new private-sector jobs from September 2014 to September 2015, according to Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development’s yearly release.  

Jobs, wage rates trending up in Wisconsin

Employment data released Wednesday showed an increase in private-sector jobs in Wisconsin since September 2014.

According to the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development’s yearly release on the state's Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages, Wisconsin has seen 30,235 new private-sector jobs from September 2014 to September 2015.

In addition, private-sector wages increased by 4.9 percent compared with the previous year. Growth was also observed across many industries in the state, with construction leading the way with a 4.1 percent growth rate.

The report also noted that unemployment claims for 2015 fell to the lowest level since 1989, and more people worked in December 2015 than any other month in Wisconsin history.

DWD Secretary Ray Allen touted the numbers in a release and said, "the Department of Workforce Development will continue to help Wisconsin workers gain the skills needed to fill openings that employers have available."

The QCEW data is compiled quarterly based on unemployment insurance records from almost all Wisconsin business establishments.