Glassworks Improv delivers prime comedy at Atlas Improv Co.

Atlas Improv Co. hosted an improvised comedy show last Saturday, featuring a guest act out of Eau Claire, Wisc., called Glassworks Improv. They brought their best and it was very well-received. 

Improv is a variable comedy act, in which the shows can be very crowd oriented and rowdy—they can turn into long, gripping adventures, or they can be an everyday conversation between two friends. However, Glassworks brought something new to the stage. Focusing on personal relationships, it was clear that they tried to steer away from grating physical comedy, instead exploring their interactions with each other. Glassworks used interesting conversation and character development to create a unique and hilarious show. 

Despite missing its third member, when the group came onto the stage, it was like everyone was sitting in their living rooms tuning in to their favorite comedy show. Everyone was comfortable and relaxed. And the boys quickly filled the room with their energy and had the audience in an uproar.The calm yet lively presence they brought was a more than welcome relief, and I hope to see them again  soon the next time they pass through town.