Annual glass ban in place for Revelry, Mifflin Street Block Party weekend

A city committee approved a proposal to make much of the campus residential area glass-free for the weekend of the Revelry Music and Arts Festival and the Mifflin Street Block Party, according to Madison Police Department spokesperson Emily Hardiman.

The glass-free zone, which will include the area between North Park Street, University Avenue, North Frances Street and Langdon Street, will be in effect from 10 a.m. May 2 until 2 a.m. May 3.

“It’s a standard agenda item that comes before us every year,” Hardiman said. “In every other year [this measure] has been passed without debate.”

This year’s resolution, sponsored by Ald. Scott Resnick, District 8, was introduced at city council during its March 17 meeting before being referred to the Public Safety Review Committee, which passed it Tuesday.

Tickets to the third annual Revelry festival will cost $15 for students and $35 for non-students, and will take place on Library Mall May 2 from 2 p.m. until 10 p.m. The festival brought in more than 3,000 people its first year and more than twice that last year. Headliners include Chance The Rapper and The Social Experiment, as well as The Chainsmokers.