Victims sustain injuries in two separate incidents at house party

Madison police are investigating two separate incidents that both occurred Saturday at the same house party on the 100 block of North Breese Terrace.

Both victims are pressing charges for battery, according to police incident reports.

In one incident at 12:18 a.m., a 20-year-old victim reported that a “chunky,” red-haired bouncer kicked him out of the party. The bouncer punched him and pushed over the first-floor porch balcony, according to Madison Police Department spokesperson Joel DeSpain.

Five men then allegedly encircled and kicked the victim. A female friend of the victim stopped the beating when she threw herself on top of him, DeSpain said.

The victim had not planned on calling the police to report the incident, but decided to after returning from the hospital with a concussion, the report said.

Soon after, around 1 a.m., a 23-year-old man suffered cuts to the face and hands after a man dressed as a firefighter punched through a window the victim was standing behind, according to police.

A man dressed as Waldo also broke a bedroom window at the same party. Witnesses told the police they believed the men to be together.

Police are investigating the possibility of the two cases being related, according to the report.