FAKE NEWS FRIDAY: UW to save money by abbreviating

In an effort to save the university money, Chancellor David Ward is instituting a new policy targeting inefficient communication.

Starting April 1, UW-Madison will abbreviate any word longer than four letters in emails, letters and other communications.

According to Ward, these changes will “save the uni hdrds of thsnds of dllrs over the next dcde.”

“We will be svng mney on ink and papr, as well as cnsrvin spce on our svrs so we don’t have to buy new ones as oftn,” Ward said in a statement. “Oh my, that was qite a seres of whol wrds!” he added.

University officials said they got the idea from a journalism professor who signs her emails “tnx, kc.”

“kc has set the stndd for the kind of innvatn this cmps so desprtly neds,” Ward said.

When told of her influence, the professor said she was very excited.

“I have alwys told my stdnts how grt of an educatr I am. I strtd signng my emls that way to show that I am too imprtnt to take the time to rite out my full name for a bnch of nsgnficnt undrgrds,” kc said. “My arrgnce and use of bad mtphrs shud be the exmple for all of my collegs in this univ."

“This new cost-svng msur I have insprd just mkes my argumt even strngr.”

She then equated it to beating a dead horse.

—Steven Rosenbaum