Third man reports misconduct by Chadima

For the third time in a month, a man reported to the UW Police Department that he experienced "sexual impropriety or abuse of power" by John Chadima, the senior associate athletic director who resigned last month after a student employee claimed Chadima sexually assaulted him.

Similar to the second allegation that surfaced three days ago, UW Chancellor David Ward did not release any details about the report, but said in a statement Thursday that the UWPD "deems the allegation to be credible."

Reports of misconduct by Chadima began in late December, when a student alleged that Chadima sexually assaulted him at a Rose Bowl party.

In the report that detailed the student's claim, university investigators said alcohol was present at the party, which involved several athletic department staff members and students, some of whom were under 21.

The report also said the alcohol was purchased with money donated to the athletic department.

After another man reported inappropriate behavior by Chadima two weeks later, Ward announced the university would launch a second investigation, led by Judge Patrick Fiedler, into Chadima's behavior. Fiedler also headed the team that reviewed the original incident that occurred at the Rose Bowl party. The university has not released any additional information about the investigation.

Ward said he continues to urge victims and people with information regarding inappropriate behavior by Chadima to report to the UWPD. People can reach the department by phone at (608) 262-2957 or by email at uwpolice@mhub.uwpd.wisc.edu.

Because the investigation is still open, UWPD decline to comment Thursday.