Ten Christmas songs that won’t get on your nerves next week

Are you sick of hearing the same dozen Christmas songs on the radio for the last two months? We've rounded up the best, and while some of them are radio staples, there's a few interesting ones you might not expect.

Number 10 is kind of a no brainer, as it is one of the only Christmas songs that has become a staple in the last generation. Even those who are not typically huge fans of Ms. Carey, the song gets in your head, and it just won't leave.

"Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" is just such a classic song that no list of Christmas music would be complete without it. Frank Sinatra smooth crooning is enough to get grandma reminiscing about the time she saw Ol' Blue Eyes sing out in Vegas.

The Boss does a version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" that'll convince even the most skeptical child that it's time for bed. His voice and less than classic treatment make this a must-have on any Christmas playlist, especially if the stereo stays on all night at your Christmas celebrations.

Bing Crosby just can't stay away from this list. His second appearance is definitely the one that is most familiar, it being one of grandmother's favorite tunes for the holidays. His smooth tones make this a necessity for any list, even the more contemporary.

John Lennon's entry into Christmas music may not be the happiest sounding song ever, but the rich counter-melody and traditional sound make this the perfect song to round out all of these outright happy tunes.

Bing Crosby makes his third appearance, for those of you keeping track, and this time he brought a friend. David Bowie and Crosby team up to give us a version of "Little Drummer Boy" and "Peace on Earth" that is worth more than one listen.

You know you aren't hearing the same boring old holiday tune when a song starts "It was Christmas Eve, babe / in the drunk tank."

The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl's "Fairytale of New York" is a great Christmas song because it isn't filled with happy-go-lucky crap: It's about a cold winter in a city whose luster has faded, and a love that has done the same.

It's melancholy and more than a bit tragic, but it reminds you why you fell in love in the first place.

10. "All I Want For Christmas is You" -Mariah Carey

9. "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"-Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby

8. "Jingle Bell Rock"-Bobby Helms

7. "Santa Baby"- Eartha Kitt

6. "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"-Bruce Springsteen

5. "Frosty the Snowman"-Jackson 5

4. "White Christmas"-Bing Crosby

3. "Happy Xmas War is Over"-John Lennon

2. "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth"-David Bowie and Bing Crosby

1. "Fairytale of New York"-The Pogues

And there you have it folks, The Daily Cardinal Arts Staff's top 10 Christmas songs. Now start making that playlist before grandpa busts out the Victrola to play those old LPs!