GAB affirms Prosser victory after investigation

After unreported votes were discovered in Brookfield, the Government Accountability Board determined

Tuesday there were no major discrepancies found in Waukesha County for the Supreme Court race, confirming Justice David Prosser's 7,316 vote lead.  

An very close race, Kloppenburg was ahead by 200 votes after all precincts reported two weeks ago.

However, when Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus made known April 7 she had missed Brookfield's 14,000 votes, the election fell in Prosser's favor.

The GAB began investigating the county's vote returns the next day. Even though a few minor changes were identified, the GAB found no major discrepancies between Waukesha County's official canvass report and documentation from municipalities.

The review, which was conducted over four days, thoroughly examined the total votes cast from voting equipment, ballot documentation, write-in form and certification pages of poll lists confirming Nickolaus' admission.

Prosser Campaign spokesperson Brian Nemoir commended the GAB for ""bringing an added independent voice to the chorus affirming the results of the election.""

""We are satisfied that the numbers reported by the municipalities were consistent with the numbers certified by the Waukesha County Board of Canvassers,"" Nemoir said.

The deadline for Asst. Attorney General JoAnne Kloppenburg to request a recount is today, though she is not expected to ask for one. After the deadline passes, Prosser's victory will be official.