Overheard in Madison 10/4

Overheard square

Overheard in Madison 9/7

Girl at Bob's Copy Shop on University Ave: So, I'm wondering if you can tell me where University Avenue is?

Clerk: Ummm, it's right there. Outside the window.

Guy in Asian One: I don't need my food to be done. It just needs to be ready, you know?

Guy 2: What? Do you want to get food poisoning?

Guy 1: Look, my chicken doesn't have to be cooked, I just really need to go watch this football game. 

Girl at Bed Bath & Beyond: You know what I hate? When my boyfriend doesn't put his tools away after trying to fix something. Like the plunger or the pliers for example.

Girl 2: I know what you mean. Mine never folds our towels correctly. I mean, who wants to use a towel that's been folded the hot dog way and then rolled? You have to fold them in thirds, that's the way to do it.

Guy at Old Fashioned: Do you always get two orders of cheese curds? 

Guy 2: Yeah, why the hell not? They're fucking delicious. 

Guy 1: You are from Wisconsin, aren't you. Do you get entire half barrels of Spotted Cow for yourself too?

Girl in Grainger: As soon as I get back to Grand Central, I'm going to dedicate a SO to Bop. They have soooo many cute pairs of acid wash jeggings!

Guy in Espresso Royale Lower: Hey, do you guys want to get together and pick  some banjo later? 

Guy in Chadbourne: You know what the best part about living in the dorms is?

Guy 2: All the semi-hot chicks wanting to sleep on my futon?

Guy 1: What? No. I was going to say the awesome high speed internet that allows me to online game at higher levels than ever before.

Girl in Vilas: No, you can't use that font. It's the font that I used in middle school to make T-shirts that ended up making me hate myself.

Guy on phone: I saw the hottest girl today on State Street. She had on these super sexy jeans that laced all the way up the sides. I bet she must have been, like, Romanian. 

Guy 1: Seriously, fuck school. I'm just going to drop out and live a freer lifestyle writing poems and shit. Like Charles Bukowski. 

Guy 2: Well, I guess that might be true, if by ""freer lifestyle"" you mean addiction to alcohol, cigarettes, etc, and writing those poems about women you want to fuck but can't because you are so fucking destitute, or maybe fucked only once and then they left you because you were too damn obese and stunk perpetually like stale Schlitz. 

Unnamed Professor: This will be the best class you have ever taken. I have won awards. Some of you will hate me. Oh well. Maybe the rest of you will gain some knowledge for a change. The things you learn in this class will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Girl: Do you realize that between the two of us we own four Homestar Runner T-shirts?

Guy: Beauty.

Guy 1: If there's H20 on the inside of a fire hydrant, what's on the outside?

Guy 2: I give up, what's on the outside.

Guy 1: K9P!

Look for your posts next Tuesday on Page 2!

Send us your feedback at edit@dailycardinal.com .

Posts that do not make the current week in print will be there the following week, so don't be shy!