Mayor Cieslewicz endorses Eagon for Common Council seat

Bryon Eagon, one of the two District 8 candidates for the Madison Common Council, announced his endorsement from Mayor Dave Cieslewicz Monday. 

""I'm honored to have Mayor Dave's support, and I think it shows that we will work together to address issues here in Madison,"" Eagon said. ""It's a great motivator to keep working hard."" 

Eagon said Cieslewicz's support shows he looked at each candidate and what kinds of issues they are prioritizing. 

""He understands that I did my homework and that he thinks we can work together to address student issues,"" he said. 

According to a statement, Cieslewicz said Eagon has all the tools needed to be a great alder. 

""He's bright, works hard, understands his district and cares deeply about the people he will represent,"" he said. 

Although Eagon has received support from Cieslewicz, he acknowledged that the campaign process is far from over. 

""There's always more work to do and campaign, so having a continued presence on campus is going to be vital to the success of the campaign,"" he said. 

Eagon said he would continue to meet students face to face around District 8, as well as knock on doors to further conversations on how best to address student issues in Madison. 

Eagon will face off against Mark Woulf in the District 8 election April 7.