Walgreens helps find woman's stolen card

Madison police responded to the Walgreens drug store on 15 East Main Street, Sunday morning after employees contacted police about a couple of people trying to use the same credit card that did not belong to any of the potential customers. 

According to a police report, a man first tried to buy a pack of cigarettes with the credit card around 9:45 a.m., saying the name on the card was his girlfriend's, but clerks declined to ring him up. Around 10 a.m., a woman came into the Walgreens with the same credit card and clerks also denied to ring her up since the name on the card was not her name. 

Store clerks gave the descriptions of the two suspects and the Capitol Police found them playing cards in the basement of the State Capitol. An investigation done by Madison Police revealed the credit card's owner was a 21-year-old woman whose wallet was stolen Saturday night at the dance club Madison Avenue. Although it is unclear who the thief was, it is known the credit card ended up in the hands of several suspects who were taking turns attempting to buy items in the downtown area.  

A police report cites the names of the suspects as 27-year-old Robert Miracle, 18-year-old Ashley Gibson, 19-year-old Dustin Wendell and 18-year-old Dietrich Jones. All suspects were arrested and tentatively charged accordingly.