Student Leadership Program to host events for Leadership Week

UW-Madison's Student Leadership Program will host the first annual all-campus Leadership Week this week.  

Leadership Week serves as a campaign to spread awareness about SLP and promote learning outside of the classroom. 

Events range from interactive workshops such as Running Effective Meetings"" and ""True Colors: Deciding your Leadership Style"" to motivational speakers and roundtable discussions.  

Leadership Week events were coordinated by student volunteers within SLP who planned and executed each step of the weeklong series. 

""Each event is intended to hit niche target groups on campus so that the week has something to offer everyone from freshmen to grad students of various leadership confidences and experiences,"" Anthony Prekop, leadership events and training coordinator for SLP, said. 

SLP is pursuing their mission to develop effective and essential leadership skills in students and student groups through comprehensive leadership education and diverse experiences by offering all students the chance to participate in Leadership Week.  

""The services we are offering this week will help students excel in projects they already take part in and hopefully spark some new interests,"" Courtney Nelson, outreach and internal affairs coordinator, said.