Supreme Court presses Green for more information

The Wisconsin Supreme Court demanded more information from both gubernatorial candidate Mark Green and the state Elections Board Thursday to decide whether or not the high court will take up Green's case. 

Green is appealing the SEB decision ordering him to return $467,844 in illegal campaign contributions. ??? 

In petitions to the Supreme Court, Green and the SEB said the Wisconsin Democracy Campaign did not file the complaint according to Wisconsin code.  

According to Green's attorney Don Millis, the more important issue is whether or not the SEB was issuing an order of enforcement or was threatening to sue the Green campaign.  

Millis said the Board threatened to sue Green, but the SEB said they issued an order that has already been appealed and was upheld. Therefore, the SEB said, the case should not be heard in the Supreme Court.  

Millis added that further questions from the Court mean it is likely close to deciding on whether or not it will hear Green's case.  

""I think they are asking more questions than usual and I think that's because we are asking the court to act so quick,"" Millis said. 

In Green's response to the Supreme Court he requested it act quickly because the SEB's ruling ""publicly labeled him as a lawbreaker"" and has put a hole in his campaign war chest.