Open casting call seeks students for admissions video

This spring, cameras will roll for UW-Madison's new admissions recruitment video. It will replace the old video, which is currently seen by 20,000 people annually, according to Karen Mittelstadt, communications manager in the Office of Admissions. 

But before production can begin in February, admissions will hold an open casting call to recruit five to six graduating UW-Madison seniors to star in the video. 

The old video, entitled 'My Favorite Place,' has run as part of the information session held at the Red Gym during campus tours for the last five years, Mittelstadt said. 

'The visuals and the messages are a bit dated, and it was time to update it,' she said. 

The new video will sport the theme 'Graduation,' and will explore how the university has prepared graduating seniors for life after college. 

The university is holding an open casting call in an effort to attract a wide variety of students. 

'We're looking for a cross section of students who have had different experiences at the university and who have plans to do very different things after,' Mittelstadt said. 

According to the casting call statement, the first part of the open casting call will take place on two days'Feb. 2 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m, and Friday, Feb. 3, from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.'??in the Frederick March Play Circle in Memorial Union. 

Students at the casting call will be briefly interviewed on film regarding their UW-Madison experience and some will be chosen for a callback. 

Mittelstadt said she has already received 75 inquiries from a web link about the video posted on student MyUW portals. 

She said the UW Foundation will fund the new film.