DAs reveal evidence against homicide suspect

Prosecutors produced evidence for former UW-Madison student and alleged killer Meng-Ju Wu's preliminary hearings Tuesday, according to The Capital Times. 

Wu is charged with the shootings of Jason McGuigan, 28, Daniel Swanson, 25, and Dustin Wilson, 17, at their Verona home last June. He is being held on a $30 million cash bail. 

The Wisconsin State Crime Laboratory reports showed a gun case that holds the weapon thought to have been used in the killings contains Wu's fingerprints. 

Officials also found Adidas sandals and part of a doorknob suspected to be from the murder scene in a garbage bin near Wu's apartment on West Gilman St.  

A crime lab report said blood spots left on the sandals match the blood of one of the shooting victims. 

Although officials have not found the gun used in the shootings, Wu's fingerprints were found on instructions and paperwork for it. His fingerprints were also found on a safe deposit box key lying on McGuigan's bed stand. 

Assistant District Attorneys Karie Cattanach and Gretchen Hayward attempted to convince Dane County Circuit Court Judge William Foust there was enough evidence to hold Wu on trial for the shootings, since crime lab reports can be used as evidence at preliminary trial hearings without any testimony.