The 300 block of North Lake Street will be closed from Saturday, May 6 to Saturday, May 13.

Two men arrested after drug deal results in foot chase across campus

Two men were arrested Wednesday afternoon after involvement in a drug-related foot chase across UW-Madison campus, according to Madison Police Department.

One suspect, 17-year-old Jabari Lee, faces charges for second-degree reckless endangerment and possession of THC with intent to deliver. The other person arrested, 20-year-old Stephen Steele, was tentatively charged with strong-armed robbery, party to a crime and battery, according to MPD Public Information Officer Joel DeSpain.

Steele and another man, who is still at large, stole marijuana from Lee in the middle of a drug deal.

Lee pulled out a knife and attempted to run Steele down. Many watched as the incident came close to the Red Gym and Memorial Union. Along Mendota Court, Steele jumped onto a garbage truck in hopes of escaping, but was ordered off by the driver. When the two resumed, they were headed toward the Pyle Center.

When MPD arrived, the two were being held down by a passersby at the corner of N. Lake Street and Langdon Street.

MPD are still searching for the second robbery suspect, DeSpain said.