Dixon

Wisconsin cruised to a 45-point victory over Illinois. 

Wisconsin's offense comes alive against lowly Illinois

48

Outside of the early-season game against Akron, the Badgers' 48-3 victory over the Fighting Illini was Wisconsin's first blowout win of the season. Illinois struggled mightily to prevent Wisconsin from running the football. As the Badgers grapple to decide on a permanent quarterback as the playoffs approach, head coach Paul Chryst has plenty of options in the backfield.

363

After weeks of corrections to their running game, the Badgers broke their season high for rushing yards with 363 yards.

123

Corey Clement continued to cement his strong senior season with 123 yards. He scored two of his three touchdowns in the first nine minutes of the game.

103

A 103-yard performance from Dare Ogunbowale brings back memories of the 2014 season. Clement and former UW running back and current San Diego Chargers breakout star, Melvin Gordon, earned triple-digit rushing yards together four times.

168

By halftime on Saturday, the Badgers led 31-3. They had also compiled 168 rushing yards. In fact, this total at halftime was already more than the Badgers had in four games this season.

3

Wisconsin entered Saturday’s game having failed to score more than three offensive touchdowns since Week 2. They snapped this dry spell by the end of the first quarter, as they built a 21-0 lead. This lead also brought a sense of security and a sigh of relief for the Badgers. For the first time since Sept. 24 against Michigan State, the game was decided by more than two scores.

Time and time again, the Badgers (8-2, 5-2) have shown when they cannot throw the football, they are able to run it. Despite early season struggles, the Badgers have found a way to score on the ground.