By Jorge Estrada

Daily Cardinal
News

All the world's a stage when Internet provides easy uploads

There’s nothing wrong with pursuing your dream as a rock star. With today’s technology, anyone can do it. Well, let me reword that. With today’s technology anyone can do it if they do it right. With websites like Soundcloud, Datpiff and even Bandcamp, artists are free to upload their music for others to listen and/or download. I’m not trying to say that it’s easy to make it big; the issue that arises with the disposal of millions of free mixtapes is that people lose sense of differentiation.

Daily Cardinal
News

'Halo' makes new fans but keeps the old with latest game in franchise

On its opening day, “Halo 4” earned $220 million globally, making it easy to see why gamers recognize Halo as one of the most beloved franchises in video game history. When the previous developers, Bungie, announced they would no longer be working with “Halo,” it left many fans of the franchise concerned for furture installations. Bungie ended its run with the franchise on “Halo Reach” and passed the torch to 343 Industries, effectively entrusting these new developers with Microsoft’s most valuable franchise. Not only did 343 bring new life to the series but they did it without spoiling the saga Bungie had already left behind.

Tea party opposition lacks ideas, creativity
OPINION

Last Thursday millions of Americans showed up to Tea Party rallies across the nation to demonstrate their grievances against and frustration with the federal government. The locally organized Tea Parties were a tremendous success. The Wall Street Journal reported many locations saw a dramatic increase in turnout. Tea Parties, which began little over one year ago, are now a national movement to be reckoned with as many political pundits analyze their potential impact in the upcoming midterm elections. Even former governor Tommy Thompson used the event to announce he was not going to be running for Senate.

More articles »