asm.jpg

Associated Students of Madison opens 2024 spring elections

Students can vote for members of the student council and the Student Services Finance Committee.

Associated Students of Madison (ASM) elections open Monday at 8:00 a.m. and will run until Wednesday at 5:00 p.m. for University of Wisconsin-Madison students. 

ASM is UW-Madison’s student government body, which reviews and recommends changes to campus policy with effects on student life and represents students in shared governance. The group consists of students from varying disciplines across campus. 

The ballot has  student candidates from both undergraduate and graduate colleges running for ASM Student Council and the Student Services Finance Committee.  

The student council consists of 33 members and is responsible for passing new campus legislation related to student life and segregated fee usage. 

The Student Services Finance Committee is in charge of allocating approximately $51 million in segregated fees to student services, activities and facilities at UW-Madison, according to ASM’s website. 

Recent ASM legislative activity includes attempts to reform hate and bias reporting and efforts to implement a sustainability Canvas course.   

The College of Letters and Sciences holds particularly competitive races, with 27 candidates vying for 12 open seats. 

The most competitive seats are in the Student Service Finance Committee, with 10 candidates competing for three open seats.   

ASM elections run from March 11 at 8:00 a.m. to March 13 at 5:00 p.m. and will be conducted via an online ballot sent to all UW-Madison students. 

View a full list of candidates and their statements here.