Taylor Swift
Courtesy of Ronald Woan/Flickr

Taylor Swift makes surprise appearance at Lambeau Field

The No. 1 Chiefs fell to the Packers 27-19 despite Swift’s appearance.

Green Bay Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said Friday he heard Taylor Swift would be in attendance at the Packers’ Sunday night game against the Kansas City Chiefs, and that prediction turned out to be correct. 

The odds did not seem to be in his favor Saturday and most of Sunday. As the Chiefs team arrived Saturday afternoon, a notable blonde was missing. However, hope re-emerged as Instagram user @taylorswiftjets reported that Swift's private jet had taken off from Kansas City, headed towards Green Bay. 

After setting Twitter aflame, Swift arrived at Lambeau field, leaving many to wonder, “Isn’t she cold?” 

The answer to this question was a notable one as the Green Bay Press Gazette reported that Swift’s red teddy coat gained rave reviews online. 

Unfortunately, the Swift Streak (patent pending) was not enough to propel the Chiefs to victory, and Kansas City fell to the Packers 27-19 and never gained the lead in the game. 

This is notably just one of two non-home games Swift has attended so far this season, with the other being a face-off against the Philadelphia Eagles last month to watch Travis Kelce compete against his brother, Jason. 

As an audience member, Swift seemed incredibly invested in the game, something highlighted in tweets showing some of her reactions as the Chiefs took the loss. With her was Brittany Mahomes, wife of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

Also attending the game was Simone Biles, whose fiancé Jonathan Owens will definitely have something to celebrate after his contributions help the Packers improve to 6-6. 

It’s a welcome victory for the team, which has struggled this season but will hopefully gain momentum after beating the Chiefs and kicking them out of the No. 1 seed spot for the AFC. 

Gabriella Hartlaub

Gabriella Hartlaub is an arts editor for the Daily Cardinal. She also reports state politics and life & style stories. Follow her on Twitter at @gabihartlaub.