Tuesday, March 19, 2024
Coach Chryst is one of the twelve members of Wisconsin football to test positive for COVID-19

Former Badgers head coach Paul Chryst to join University of Texas offensive staff

After getting the boot halfway through a disappointing season in Madison, the former head coach has been recruited to the Longhorns staff as an analyst.

Former Wisconsin football head coach Paul Chryst has joined the University of Texas football staff, the University of Wisconsin-Madison athletic department officials confirmed to The Athletic Sunday morning.

Chryst will serve as an offensive analyst and assistant to the head coach in Austin. He brings over ten years of head coaching experience, eight of which were at Wisconsin. 

Headed by incoming quarterback Arch Manning — nephew of NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning and two-time Super Bowl champion quarterback Eli Manning, the Longhorns’ high-profile offense is gaining traction heading into the 2023 season.

In eight years at Wisconsin, Chryst finished with a 67-26 record and a 6-1 record in bowl games. He was credited with one of the best defenses in the nation for multiple years and led the team to a school record 13-0 season in 2017.

In his last stint with Wisconsin, Chryst’s team struggled to a 2-3 start to the 2022 season. His last appearance on the sidelines in Madison ended in a blowout loss to Illinois, 34-10. He was fired the next morning on Oct. 2, 2022.