dullhunk_duolingo.jpeg

Breaking News: Duolingo Owl and Bucky Badger's relationship confirmed

Sources reported that Bucky and Duo were stumbling down State Street, paw in wing, haphazardly pushing unsuspecting students off the sidewalk.

All articles featured in The Beet are creative, satirical and/or entirely fictional pieces. They are fully intended as such and should not be taken seriously as news.

Despite rumors of Bucky Badger’s alleged bachelor status, sources confirm that the University of Wisconsin-Madison mascot has found love with none other than the infamous Duolingo Owl.

“They really keep me on my toes,” Bucky told The Daily Cardinal. “At least three times a day they send me a passive aggressive text about not giving them enough attention.”

Students first saw the hot couple coming out of what looked like a successful trivia night at State Street Brats. Sources reported that Bucky and Duo were stumbling down State Street, paw in wing, haphazardly pushing unsuspecting students off the sidewalk.

Who is this mysterious green owl? While recognizable for sending threatening notifications to your phone for missing language lessons, the Duolingo Owl is also popular for its tongue-in-cheek style TikTok videos. Duo also spends their time campaigning for the abolition of Google Translate and invoking a policy in which users will be spanked if they miss more than three days of lessons in a row.

Over the past couple of weeks, the happy couple has been spotted around campus, hanging around UW-Madison’s most romantic digs. Around 7:55 a.m. last Wednesday, they were spotted huddled together in the back of the 80 making out. Later that week, they were seen at Paul’s Pel'meni making moony eyes at each other over a plate of the popular Russian dumplings. One slightly traumatized freshman also recalled catching the pair banging it out in the construction site by Sellery Hall.

While the general public may question the relationship, those closest to Bucky claim that he has never been happier.

And what does this mean for Madison’s favorite badger? Bucky assured The Daily Cardinal that the new relationship will in no way affect his duties to the school, asserting that the UW-Madison students will always be number one in his heart. He promised that he will still be present at all major sporting and school events as usual. We may just need to wait for him to complete his “Spanish lesson” first.