car-MPD.jpg

Man arrested after downtown car chase

Madison police arrested a man who was driving the wrong way down one way streets and on sidewalks in downtown Madison on Tuesday, according to a Madison Police Department incident report

The driver, Zackary Vance, was followed by Madison Police after officers received numerous calls around 3 p.m. reporting a Chevy Impala that was driving recklessly. 

According to the report, the officers located the vehicle and deployed spikes as it approached University Avenue. After hitting the spikes, Vance continued to drive “several miles” with three flat tires.

The report states that the chase was terminated by the responding Sergeant, and the suspect parked and fled by foot before he was stopped by K-9 Patton. Vance sustained minor hamstring injuries. 

Vance was medically cleared and transported to the Dane County Jail, where he was sent for violating his probation and charged with second-degree reckless endangering safety.

Gina Musso

Gina Musso is a Senior Staff Writer at The Daily Cardinal. She previously served as College News Editor and Features Editor, focusing coverage around student government, campus COVID updates and in-depth reporting. Follow her on Twitter @gina__musso.