College 101: How to Look and Feel Your Best This Fall

The arrival of autumn brings with it the coziest aesthetic of the seasons: bonfires and hayrides, football games, foliage, and all things pumpkin spiced. Fall welcomes Halloween and apple-picking season, with a sprinkle of cinnamon atop your cider or freshly baked pie.With so much to look forward to as the weather cools, it's important to look and feel your best so that you can savor every minute. 

Fall fashion is a particular highlight of this time of year. Fashion month brings models, designers, and other experts to the runway through September to showcase the season's trends, while some items remain classic must-haves every year. Whether you're heading to the pumpkin patch or curling up with a PSL, fall fashion will let you look your best along the way. 

Invest in outerwear.

One of the best parts of the weather growing cooler is pulling out your coziest, most oversize sweaters and worn-in hoodies. But your options don't end there. From rustic flannels versatile jackets in denim or faux leather, autumn outerwear manages to be fashionable and comfortable at the same time. Like any time of year, though, it's still important to purchase high-quality, well-fitting pieces. When styling your outerwear pieces, particularly oversize items, be sure to match your baggier clothes with minimalistic accessories to avoid looking frumpy rather than cute and cozy. 

Add a scarf to your ensemble.

Whether you wrap yourself in a blanket scarf for peak comfort or add a brightly-colored print scarf over a neutral look, scarves are a must-have autumn accessory. A scarf allows you to stay warm⁠—a must as colder months roll in⁠—while looking great. Spend some time experimenting with different styles of a scarf and various ways to wrap or tie them. Simply adding one or two that you love to your closet will give you hundreds of ideas to choose from. 

Find a great pair of boots.

Just like scarves and sweaters, boots are a fall classic, and for good reason. Keep warm with a sleek thigh-high pair of black boots or a fur-lined insole in your favorite lace-up option. At the very least, try to keep a functional pair⁠—like versatile duck boots⁠—and a more fashion-forward choice on hand. That way, you'll have a fall-focused shoe option on hand for every occasion. 

Of course, any fashion choice you make will look all the better if you feel great wearing it. As sunset comes a little earlier each day, approximately 10,000,000 Each year, Americans suffer from SAD, also known as seasonal affective disorder. From self-help methods to more formal treatment, a few tips and tools can help you feel as good as you look this fall. 

Enjoy autumnal activities.

Besides the fashion and drink options, one of the best parts of fall is the many fun things to do. If you've been overwhelmed by back to school season or stressed out by work deadlines as the end of the year approaches, these seasonal activities can help you to get your mind off work and other responsibilities. Go apple picking and bake a pie with your miniature harvest. Go for a drive and take in the beautifully colored leaves. Track down the perfect pumpkin and carve it before trick-or-treaters arrive. Indulge in that warm apple cider. Your mental health will thank you for it. 

Treat any underlying conditions.

If you suspect that SAD or another mental health condition, like depression or anxiety, is affecting you this fall, treating the issue is the first step to feeling better. Beyond formal methods like therapy or medication, self-help methods like utilizing CBD products can make a big difference. Visit a reputable retailer such as Plain Jane Hemp to find the cannabinoids that are right for you. Depending on your needs, you might find that pre-rolled CBD cigarettes, vape oil, or another CBD product can help you manage your stress or anxiety levels and focus on treatment—and enjoying fall as much as possible. 

Take some time to unwind.

The holidays will be here before you know it, along with the events, shopping, and other to-dos that accompany them. Take some time to rest while you can. Indulge in the Danish concept of hygge with candles and blankets or download a meditation app and let your mind focus on your breath. 

There's a lot to love about fall and you deserve to enjoy it all. From scarves to CBD, look great and feel even better this season to take advantage of all that autumn has to offer.