EFgdlBBWkAE3MwF.jpeg

Orr poised for another big game against Golden Flashes

Last season’s starting inside linebackers T.J. Edwards and Ryan Connelly both moved on to the NFL, leaving a hole that redshirt senior Chris Orr has thrived in. 

Over the last two years, 12 defensive starters have departed the program, leaving a relatively inexperienced group for this season. Orr was one of the more experienced of the bunch coming in, already having played in 36 games in the last four years, and has become a leader for this team. 

Despite the inexperience, the Badger’s defense has been one of the best in the nation, leading all of college football holding their opponents to 192.3 yards per game, and is tied for second in touchdowns allowed with just four through four weeks. At one point during the Michigan game the defense had scored more points in the season then they gave up.

Orr started the first three games this season, playing a significant role with nine total tackles, two quarterback hits and a fumble recovery. Against Northwestern, despite Wisconsin’s overall struggles, Orr had a breakout game. He doubled his tackles on the season with another nine, sacked the quarterback twice and forced a fumble. Coming into the Kent State game, Orr is third on the team in total tackles and second for sacks.

Despite Kent State’s 2-2 record, they averaged 383.6 yards of offense last year and their top passer, rusher, and three receivers have all returned. They were able to put up a respectable 16 points against then No. 7 Auburn, and in their last game scored 62 points against Bowling Green.

The Badgers are coming off a strong game and facing an underrated offense, so the defense will want to continue their success and have a dominant game. Orr individually will want to stay hot following his career game and with big games coming up against Michigan State, Ohio State and Iowa.