College 101: How Internet Marketing Can Increase Your Law Firm’s Business

Due to an increasing number of law firms saturating the market, it has become significantly more challenging for small law firms to compete with larger counterparts. Consequently, law firms are turning to Internet marketing strategies to gain clients, drive business, and gain an advantage over the competition.

For law firms interested in driving online traffic and generating repeat business, building a trustworthy and credible brand and website while practicing current Internet marketing tactics is imperative. With that in mind, here’s how Internet marketing can promote the success of your law firm.

Drive organic traffic

Utilizing Internet marketing tactics can help drive free and organic traffic to your website, which will encourage prospective clients to consider working with your law firm. According to Matt Bowman, President of Thrive Internet Marketing Agency, incorporating videos and downloadable content onto your web pages adds value to your website while making it a credible resource for clients searching for legal information. In combination with a strong Internet marketing strategy, this content can help law firms build an online reputation.

To start practicing search engine optimization (SEO) techniques, add credible backlinks to your web content. Posting relevant content to your website on a regular basis, such as geographically or legally relevant blog posts, can help boost your search engine rankings. If you’re not sure where to start, companies like Nettra Media make marketing for attorneys easy by working with your firm to create measurable and actionable marketing tactics.

Additionally, using social media platforms to your advantage can drive more traffic to your law firm’s website. Consider sharing content across social media, such as your blog posts and legal resources, to encourage followers to visit your website. Social media can also be used to share positive client testimonials and wins from previous cases.

Establish credibility

Prospective clients prioritize trust and reputation when choosing which law firm to work with. In order to showcase your firm’s professionalism, optimizing your website is key. Think of your firm’s website as a tool to drive in business, and consider what your target clients are looking for when hiring a law firm. Your website should include clear and consistent branding and should be user-friendly and fast-loading. In addition, easy navigation–both on desktop and mobile devices–is necessary.

To position your law firm as an expert in the field, include a page for frequently asked questions and share legal information on topics in your practice area. Adding testimonials from previous clients or a live chat with a lawyer can further highlight your expertise. Aim to make your firm’s website a go-to resource for legal information.

Raise awareness

Staying up to date with the latest Internet marketing tactics can also help raise awareness of your law firm. As previously mentioned, ensuring that your firm’s website is optimized for use on mobile devices is key. In fact, 2018 data from Stratics revealed over half of global online traffic was generated through mobile devices. Since prospective clients are using mobile devices to access legal information on the go, making your website mobile-friendly will attract more organic online traffic.

Additionally, it’s important to make mobile content easy to read and find on your website. Prospective clients should also be able to easily navigate to a contact page, encouraging them to contact your firm. Consider designing a layout that includes contact information–including your law firm’s phone number and physical location–on the bottom of the page. Including a link to a contact form at the bottom of a blog post or service page can further drive business.

As more and more law firms enter the legal market, small law firms must focus on gaining an advantage over the competition in order to survive. Ultimately, practicing Internet marketing techniques can promote the success and growth of your law firm by driving organic traffic, establishing credibility, and raising awareness.