Planned parenthood

Planned Parenthood reopened their Sheboygan center Monday, adding new facilities and new services to their offerings in that community.

Planned Parenthood expands Wisconsin coverage with new location

Planned Parenthood opened the doors at their new Sheboygan location Monday, where they plan to offer certain abortions, early pregnancy complication assessments and other preventative healthcare.

The Sheboygan location will be the third center in the state outside of Madison and Milwaukee to offer abortions to people in their first 10 weeks of pregnancy. Doing so will make those services more accessible to northeastern Wisconsin, according to Planned Parenthood spokesperson Nicole Sasar.

“Planned Parenthood is the only standalone reproductive healthcare center in the community,” Sasar said. “We provide expertise in that area, and we are really excited to have the opportunity to serve the Sheboygan community.”

Planned Parenthood has operated in Sheboygan before. In August 2017, they closed their nearly 50-year-old Sheboygan clinic when their lease expired. Over the winter, they built a new, updated facility funded by private donations, Sasar said.

Previously, the Sheboygan location did not offer miscarriage, abortion or cancer screening services. In addition to those new treatments, Sasar said the center will continue to provide STD screening and other preventative care.

“We’ve long been a community resource in Sheboygan,” Sasar said. “We’re excited to be back and to be expanding our treatment.”