This Sunday a Madison man was cited for speeding after hitting a 20-year-old pedestrian on University and N. Basset, and a robbery was reported on the 200 block of Gilman Street.

Multiple crimes reported near campus this weekend

Downtown Madison saw several crime incidents this past weekend, including a robbery in a Gilman Street apartment and a speeding ticket for the driver of a car that slid through the intersection of University Ave. and N. Basset St.

A 20-year-old woman suffered facial fractures and a head cut after she was struck by that car on Sunday evening. The driver, a 37-year-old man, was cited for driving too fast for the snowy conditions.

Also early Sunday morning, a Gilman Street apartment was robbed. The suspect cut a screen and allegedly entered the apartment through a window, taking several electronics, including a laptop.

The tenant was still awake when the robbery occurred and noticed the suspect when he opened the bedroom door, saying he’d lost his phone. The victim lives with several roommates and assumed the suspect was a friend of theirs, but then noticed the missing electronics.

The robbery took place on the 200 block of Gilman and is one of several thefts reported in the campus area early this week.